Monday, April 30, 2012

weekend recap

Here's just a few pics + stories from this past week/month.

Power walking in my neighborhood with Allyce, and we couldn't help but stop and take a picture of gas prices. My dad wants to sell my high school car, and I'm a little attached and told him to just ship it up here! I miss driving. I LOVE to drive. My friends call and it basically isn't a question of who's driving because I always offer. I already see myself honking at all the cabbies, weaving my way down 2nd ave, and zipping over all the bridges (all the while the view will be zooming out and a great Sara Bareilles song will be playing in the background - just like a movie!)So we just started playing around/joking about sending it to NYC (um like I could actually afford to pay for a parking spot), but after I sent him a picture of the gas prices - his response..."I'm selling it, and I'll get you a bike." 

Went to a baby shower for a friend. She is doing a whale themed nursery, and this is one of the shirts I almost purchased at Giggle in Soho (adorable baby store BTW). I ended up with an adorable whale onsie with snaps up the front instead. It be a stylin' baby. 

The flowers are out in full force at the farmer's market! Gorgeous.

Wine and cheese class at City Winery. Numnumnum. My fave was the Rioja Crianza, Lopez de Heredia, Cubillo 2005. The Lopez de Heredia family founded their bodega in 1877 and it's been one of Rioja's top wineries for over 130 years. We took notes in our wine journals - NBD.

Just listening to my (thanks to Allyce for getting me addicted) new fave band Two Cent Jazz Band in CP. They play right at the entrance to the Mall on the weekends - so if you're ever over there keep an eye out. I shouted out a request for Allyce and then we got a little personal performance, ie: each member walked over and started playing right in front of us...the guy in the hat said "I hope you're embarrassed." Truth - I was!

New cookbook I want to purchase (Kendall's fave) - oh and my nails are currently a teal! It looks better with two coats. 

Weekday wine and cheese night with my gals. Just some rosemary bread from Amy's, truffled polenta (inspired by our favorite dish at Lela Bar), lemon cucumber water, fig jam, cheese from Amsterdam, and cinnamon sugar baked chickpeas. Oh, and Chilean spicy red wine (excellent choice Alicia!!) It didn't last long.

What have you been up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment