Friday, September 7, 2012

to the north fork with ali

Get excited!! How she has not been featured before, I just don't know, but you better get used to her ladies and gents because she's here to stay. One of my favorite fashion vixens and top Quelle Rigolade fan went on a little weekend getaway and has decided to tell all...well at least tell us what she packed, but that's the most important part anyways ;) Take it away G...
_____________________________________________________________________________

As a HUGE fan of B's blog, I was very excited when she asked me to write a Labor Day getaway packing post!

Headed to the North Fork!

I just got back from a relaxing weekend away with 5 of my girl friends.  We wanted to escape the city for the long weekend so we decided to go to North Fork, Long Island.  We packed our bags, hopped on the train and spent 3 days relaxing at the beach and tasting local wines at the vineyards.  For this trip, I attempted to pack light but managed to bring the essentials...

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go...

For the train, mini champagne bottles.

For the beach, bikinis and cat eyed sunnies!  
JCrew was my go-to for both of these! 
JCrew bikini: top $60, bottoms $56

JCrew Sophia sunglasses, $128

To wear at night, I packed white jeans to get in one more wear before Labor day (although let's be honest...I'll continue to wear into Fall). 
J Brand, $169

Mini cross body bag to bring to the vineyards.  I brought this one from DVF in blue.
DVF Mini Harper Bag, $295

...and maxis - the easiest summer dress! 
(*Allyce would have to agree.)

Blue Life, $110

And a book!  I just finished How to Love an American Man - recommended by B a few weeks ago! 
How to Love an American Man, $10.94
(editor's note - read my review here!)

One more thing...it was GIANT, but I squeezed in the most recent issue of Vogue.  916 pages was a lot to carry - but I managed.

Thanks for having me!  Hopefully I'll be back again soon...ciao!
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Cheers to the weekend, and to having great friends like Ali - who trust me - will be back soon!


Ali, Julie and I spending a little quality time at DVF for FNO last night.
West siders unite!!

xoxo, 

B

images via: champJCrew, Piperlime (ps: Piperlime just opened a store in Soho!), DVF, Shopbop, AmazonWashington Post, all other photos are Ali originals

4 comments:

  1. LOVE that maxi and that book! -ao

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO good!! i feel like i already need to re-read it!

      Delete
  2. Thanks, Blair! Already excited to post again soon! ha...

    PS I really want to see that new Piperlime store! weekend outing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh YES - we need to check it out for sure:)

    ReplyDelete