Wednesday, September 14, 2011

black never looked better

I love to wear black but never have I pictured the color in my dream kitchen until now. Designed by chef Tyler Florence and designer Lori Yeomans, the kitchen below was named as House Beautiful's 2011 Kitchen of the Year. I love the stark contrast of the black cabinetry against the white ceiling. Other positives: The island alone is approximately the length of my current apartment. The pot rack  appears as if it's floating. The vaulted beamed ceilings are gorgeous, and I love the large plant in the copper vase. Ideally there would be a large window admits the expanse of tiled white backsplash, but its absence is probably due to location. More on that below the photos.

 Tyler you can cook for me any day!

I like the mismatched chair patterns.

Cast iron farmhouse sink.

A high vaulted ceiling...sigh.
I missed out on seeing the kitchen in person. It was built in Rockefeller Center and opened to the public for wine tastings, cooking demonstrations and more during July 2011. All of the appliances or materials were donated to Habitat for Humanity. A pretty kitchen and a great cause? Just another reason I love this city.

Do you like the black cabinets? What do you picture for your ideal kitchen? 

images: 1, 2, 3, 4  

No comments:

Post a Comment