Monday, October 10, 2011

october favorites: fall squash

Those who know me know that I love and eat sweet potatoes year round. I love fall even more because it means even more squash -  delicata squash (so great you have to try it!), pumpkin, acorn squash, butternut squash! What more could you want? 


Look at the pumpkins I carved last year...


Or maybe someone else carved them. Pictures taken at 
the Union Square Farmer's Market.


Make sure you pick up some pumpkin...cupcakes?
Giant pumpkin made out of Baked by Melissa cupcakes for 
a Halloween party. I personally put the pumpkin together.
Over 300 mini cupcakes. Yes, patience is a virtue.



My favorite pumpkin baked good here. If you've never baked
with cinnamon chips before, best you get yourself to the grocery store now.

The only homemade pasta I will make - with sweet potatoes none the less. My friend made it at her dinner party last weekend. YUM.

This is a great way to prepare acorn squash. Spicy and sweet.

My new favorite pumpkin item of all time:

Pumpkin goat cheese from Lynnhaven Goat Milk Cheese. Find it at Union Square Farmer's Market. I'll be developing my own recipe soon and will share!


What's your favorite type of squash?

No comments:

Post a Comment