Sunday, January 29, 2012

vday va va voom

You've seen her here before, and I know you love her. Whitney from CityClectic is back to give us some much needed advice on her new favorite lingerie lines. Take notes ladies and then let's go shopping...
____________________________________________________________________________

As good ol' Saint Valentine's Day approaches, some of you might be wondering whether suiting up in sassy garb is worth the effort. In my opinion, occasion or no-occasion, a slinky little number is always a mood-booster (for both you and that special someone). Two of my favorite lines right now:


Blush's spring line definitely has that vixen vibe, yet it remains playful and vibrant in a young, fresh way.




  
From Blush

Julia Restoin Roitfeld's* lingerie line for Kiki de Montparnasse embodies a classier feel...sporting this style of skivvies makes me spin off into an Audrey Hepburn world of glamour and poise...and somehow elegant modesty.





Elle magazine asks Julia: What do you look for in lingerie?

JR: I look for styles that enhance and flatter my body. I always go for body conscious instead of trendy. I remember a little while ago, the downtown trend in New York was to wear a bandeau bra that you would see popping out of the side of your shirt. I guess it works for very, very small breasts, but for me, it would just be plain unflattering. So yes, what I look for in lingerie is “femininity” and [something] body enhancing. I appreciate lingerie that empowers women and celebrates the female form. The fit and quality is so important, and I like materials that feel very soft against the skin. Lingerie should feel as good to wear as it looks. I buy lingerie for myself, not even for my boyfriend. I think it is really important for a woman to feel good about herself and buying lingerie that makes you feel good is a great way to start. Even if it’s just for yourself—even if no one else sees it—you know it, you feel it, and I believe it gives you that extra confidence.

From Elle


W
____________________________________________________________________________

Thanks Whitney! 

I'll take one of everything. 

What do you look for in lingerie? 

*Just had to add that Julia is the daughter of famed fashion vixen and ex-Vogue Paris editor extraordinaire Carine Roitfeld - seen here before. Obviously the fabulousness just runs in the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment