Thursday, December 15, 2011

maggie's wish list

Let's spend Thursday with Maggie, shown below with her hubby Jonathan and their cute penguin mugs from last Christmas. Let's see what's on her list this year...




Maggie's wish list:





Jonathan and I enjoy a good glass of wine with dinner, but know next to nothing about the different kinds or even what makes a good glass of wine. It’d be fun to take a class together to learn more. 

To help relax after stressful, long days at work. 




Love this and am running a little low! 

I love cozy TV nights snuggled up with the hubby. 

I can’t get enough of these extra sweet smells to put around the apartment. J We got a tiny Christmas Cookie candle when we were down in Atlanta visiting Jonathan’s parents and light it almost every night.


Love the herringbone print and love having stylish, but comfy shoes to trek around the city in. 

7. earrings
A cute pair of earrings can help spruce up any outfit. I saw these on Stella and Dot and fell in love 

I recently was gifted an adorable cupcake recipe cookbook and I’m inspired to become a baker extraordinaire. Once I’ve made all these yummy treats, I’ll need a cute stand to display and serve them! First on my list: Peppermint Buttercream cupcakes for the holidays! Yummy.

Cute, unique home nick-nacks :) I love nesting in our tiny NYC apartment. 

10. Time at home with our new NIECE (born on December 11th)! 
Can’t wait to meet that sweet little bundle of joy. Jonathan and I are so lucky this year that we get to spend the weekend before Christmas with his family in Atlanta and then get to be in Texas for Christmas with my family. I can’t wait!(Onsie)

Questionnaire:

What do you do?
I’m an account executive at an advertising firm.
What do you love most about Christmas?
I love EVERYTHING about Christmas. I love that we are celebrating Jesus’ birth, I love all the decorations (especially all the lights around New York City), I love the smell of Christmas trees, I love the delicious sweet treats (peppermint pie, candied pecans and cookies, cookies and more cookies!), and most of all I love being all together with my family. I also just love the JOY of the season. Seeing little kids and their excitement around Christmas time is so much fun!
What's your favorite family holiday tradition?
I love decorating the tree with my family. We always put on Christmas music and all sit in the living room pulling out the different ornaments and hanging them up. My parents started this cool tradition of getting an ornament from every trip/place we travel to, so we always have fun reminiscing about different memories when we decorate the tree.
How did you decorate for the holidays?
Jonathan and I went all out decorating this year. We have a tiny little apartment, so our tree takes up about ¼ of our living room (worth it!). We’ve also put up garland around our mirror in the bedroom and on the kitchen table. We have a couple wreaths up and of course move the Santa in the count-down calendar every day. We also have a Christmas Cookie candle from Yankee Candle… my favorite!
Where will you be spending Christmas?
We are lucky this year and get to spend Christmas with both sides of our family! We will be heading down to Georgia the weekend before Christmas to spend time with Jonathan’s parents and then will spend the weekend and week after Christmas with my family (and most importantly my precious new niece Abby!) I’m really looking forward to being all together!

Thanks Maggs. See you in Houston!

No comments:

Post a Comment