Wednesday, December 14, 2011

rebecca's wish list

Our next wish list is from my friend Rebecca, shown below with her hubby Jeff. Remember, I mentioned going to their wedding here. All I can say is the bridal party ruled (I was a bridesmaid;), and I'm all about a brunch reception - hello mimosas. Her list with items and commentary is below. Enjoy!


CLEAN’s Shower Fresh scent is a great one. Rollerball fragrances are great for many reasons – they’re portable (good for freshening up on the go!), inexpensive, and allow you to try out new scents on a more regular basis.


I’m on a quest for the perfect silk blouse. This one looks promising!

- Editor's note: I own it in alabaster. It's perfection. -

Have you ever smelled “Volcano?”It may be my favorite home scent in history. I first discovered Capri Blue candles at Anthropologie a few months ago and can’t get enough of my “Volcano” candle. But the same yummy scent in diffuser form? PERFECTION. No wall outlet/match/hassle required!


Perfect for encouraging real conversation at the dinner table (instead of that “I’m hungry and tired and have been talking to people all day” funk that we often get into). There are TableTopics for every demographic – Family, Dinner Party, Girls Night Out, etc.

My big ticket item this year. Timeless, chic, and big enough to hold all of my everyday essentials.


I am a pure barre fanatic. It lifts your tush, tones your thighs, and burns fat in record breaking time. Unfortunately, their $225 monthly fee doesn’t exactly sit well with our modest, married life budget. Solution? Pure Barre DVDs. With over 8 different discs, the DVDs are a great alternative for cold mornings when you can’t drag yourself out of bed to get to the gym.

Between wedding thank yous and notes to friends, I’ve blown through all of my stationery. I love Nico and Lala’s Flourish Script cards – sweet and pretty but simple enough for a variety of uses. Gray, please!

We have a GIANT couch in our house. Way too big for the two of us. Now that it’s gotten colder, I have become increasingly inclined to crawl in bed *ahem* embarrassingly early in order to warm up. A cozy throw would help keep me in the living room longer and allow me to watch football and basketball (oh joy!) in 3D with my husband.

The first Christmas after Jeff and I started dating, he started a sweet holiday tradition. Every year during the holidays, he would get me an ornament to help me begin my own collection. The first year I received a precious manger scene that was handmade by women in South America. Did I mention he always purchases ornaments with philanthropic causes? Such a gem! One of the things I’m most looking forward to this year is decorating our first Christmas tree together with the special treasures he’s given me thus far.

10. time with family and friends
This year will be the first that we have to split the holidays between two families. Some traditions will be left behind, others will be gained. As cliché as it sounds, what I really want for Christmas is time with my family – my husband, my parents, my grandmother, my brother, etc. After all, family and faith are what make the holidays meaningful. Gifts or no gifts, I can already say I’ve received everything I ever wanted.

Questionnaire:

What do you do?
development/event coordinator at an art museum
What do you love most about Christmas?
The traditions that surround the season - twinkly lights, Christmas songs, snowflake cookies, and all the merriment that Christmas brings.
What's your favorite family holiday tradition?
Favorite tradition? That's a hard one! I would have to say the fact that my dad has ALWAYS read The Night Before Christmas to my brother and me after Christmas Eve dinner. Even as 22 and 20 year olds, we'd curl up on the couch on Christmas Eve and listen to him read the story with the same awe and magical feelings we felt as little kids. My other favorite tradition would be a YUMMY Christmas breakfast in our PJs. 
How did you decorate for the holidays?
Jeff and I have a small, cozy little home so it's easy to decorate! We inherited my grandfather's creche - it's made up of over 30 individual hand-carved pieces - that he collected from a shop in the French quarter. It's so special to me and is the focal point of our dining room. In the living room, we have our cute Christmas tree along with lights that surround the windows and doorways. I made a beautiful coffee table centerpiece out of pointsettas, holly, and magnolia leaves and topped it off with a big evergreen scented candle. I've also filled some martini glasses with peppermints for a fun and festive look. We have a few wreaths - one made from antique french hymnal pages and the other of evergreen with a big silver bow.
Where will you be spending Christmas?
We're spending Christmas in Nashville - NOTHING beats a tender, Tennessee Christmas (cue Amy Grant song). 


Thanks Becs - sending you Christmas love from NYC!!

No comments:

Post a Comment