Tuesday, August 16, 2011

50's on my mind

I have fallen in love with a 1950's inspired Katie Ermilio skirt from Shopbop


This Vogue image is the perfect outfit inspiration. 


 




Are you a fan of the style of the 50's? What is your favorite decade?

ps- I just must point out that the heels in the Vogue image are Vuitton. I couldn't find a similar style for sale, they were from the FW 2010, but here is a close up view of multiple styles. My office was next to the LV store on 5th Avenue in winter 2010, and they had a burgundy, velvet pair in the window. Not gonna lit, it was love at first sight. I was in charge of helping my boss decide on his holiday gifts for employees, and in my hypothetical dream land I pictured myself saying: "Why yes of course I would love to pick out my gift for being such a wonderful assistant. I will take the LV shoes in the window next door." Sadly, Starbuck giftcards just aren't the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment